- MSc in numerical/statistical discipline (Economics, Health Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research)
- Excellent Excel and VBA skills
- Familiarity of developing mathematical disease models, ideally cost effectiveness models.
- Familiarity with multivariable statistical analysis, ideally using R.
- Experience with database fundamentals/design, ideally using MySQL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 1+ year of consultancy experience
Main job responsibilities
The successful candidate will undertake work across two key areas  health economic disease modelling and  database analysis. Our disease simulation models are developed primarily in, or interfaced to, Microsoft Excel using VBA/C++ libraries and we require support in the designing, coding, implementation, testing and documentation of these models. Our statistical analysis is undertaken using large healthcare relational databases that require loading and interrogation to provide output suitable for analysis in R. We have a team of medical writers, disease modellers and statistical analysts; the successful candidate’s primary role will be to support this team with efficient and accurate coding and documentation.
The role will require client interaction and therefore good written and oral communication skills are essential. The role will require the development of manuscripts suitable for peer reviewed publications and presentation of work at international conferences.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Birmingham (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com