HEOR continues to expand and we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious HEOR Consultant to join our Health Economics Team. This person will join a highly technical and strategic team, working collaboratively with a Senior Health Economist to lead development and management of strategically focused and highly valued HEOR projects and research. HEOR Consultants will take a lead role in understanding client requirements, supporting Health Economists in delivery, and leading internal and external project management and communications
- Masters or PhD degree in health economics or an alternative quantitative / scientific subject.
- Experience of independently managing projects or project components related to health economics.
- Overall strong analytic and numerical competency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the HEOR / HTA and commercial landscape.
- Experienced in leading multi-functional teams on complex projects.
- Relevant experience in consultancy, healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- PhD in health economics or an alternative quantitative / scientific subject.
- Demonstrated expertise in guiding and advising on HTA projects for NICE, SMC, AWMSG or NCPE.
Main job responsibilities
- Lead on the conceptualisation, execution, reporting, and management of HEOR projects and research.
- Collaborate with internal project teams and externally with clients and experts.
- Contribute to the development of study design and analysis plans with the specialist technical team members.
- Provide additional project support as required, including quality assessment of all deliverables and completion of internal documentation.
- Identify dependencies between project workstreams to ensure the overall project is delivered to schedule and quality.
- Risk assessment and escalate any projects or deliverables at risk to the Principal Health Economist or Senior Manager (HE) and seek support where required.
- Take a lead role in the coordination and facilitation of client meetings, including post-meeting minutes and follow-up.
- Provision of expert scientific and strategic advice to clients.
- Technical/research lead for deliverables (e.g. reports, user guides, slide decks).
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Communicate complex research concepts and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, health economists, policy makers and patients.
- Maintain internal and external profiles as expert in their field.
- Oversee the work of junior staff, providing scientific and operational mentorship and training in the design, planning and execution of their tasks, according to scope and budget and to the highest research standards.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, flexible working environment providing strong and supportive management and ongoing professional development
- Opportunity to join Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus bank holidays
Our head office is located in Cardiff (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.