At HEOR we have enjoyed sustained growth over the last ten years as part of our commitment to becoming the worlds most respected and valued full-service market access agency. We have a growing team of over 90 researchers working in Health Economics, Medical Writing, Data Science and Analytics, Systematic Review, Health Technology Assessment and Market Access. Due to continued success we are looking to recruit a Principal HTA Consultant to join our Global HTA team.
The successful candidate will work primarily with our UK HTA team but will also assist our Global HTA, Health Outcomes and Value Communication teams in the production of client facing deliverables across a range of activities including the development of disease models and analysis of healthcare databases.
- Masters or equivalent experience in: Health Economics, Health Technology Assessments, Market Access, Health Policy or related subjects
- Experience of health technology assessment, market access or related fields
- Experience working within a consultancy or pharmaceutical industry
- Management of HTA dossier development
- Experience in coordinating and managing a multidisciplinary project team
- Experience in evidence generation planning in health economics and outcomes research and real-world evidence
- Experience in developing HTA submission strategy and value proposition
- Ability to provide and respond to constructive feedback, as part of editing and quality control activities.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, enabling you to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and physicians.
- PhD or equivalent experience in: Health Economics, Health Technology Assessments, Market Access, Health Policy or related subjects
- Leading HTA advisory boards comprising clinical and health economic experts
- Leading payer interviews
- HTA Landscape assessment
Main job responsibilities
- Lead development of HTA and value communication materials, to the standard required by global HTA bodies
- Identify dependencies between project workstreams to ensure the overall project is delivered to schedule and to the required standard
- Contribute to the development of study design and analysis plans with the specialist technical team members
- Communicate complex concepts and data to a wide and varied audience, including health economists, clinicians, decision makers and patients.
- Assimilate and interpret sources of information with appropriate guidance/direction from research teams and authors.
- Ability to write informative and interesting scientific manuscripts of the quality required for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Work independently and as part of a team to research, write, copy edit and proof to the highest scientific and editorial standards across a wide range of materials including abstracts, posters, protocols, study reports, manuscripts and slide kits.
- Provide additional project support as required, including quality assessment of all deliverables and completion of internal documentation.
Client management and consulting responsibilities
- Chairs and facilitates client meetings, including arranging post-meeting minutes and following up on actions.
- Provides excellent client communication, defined as prompt, concise and helpful
- Able to provide scientific advice to clients
- Provides a good representation of HEOR Ltd when attending external meetings and industry conferences
- Leads or supports conceptualisation and drafting of proposals based on client requirements or RFPs
Project management responsibilities
- Responsible for project delivery, including timelines, client management, team coordination, budget, quality, scope management and risk management
- Support project resourcing through identification of internal and external expertise to undertake research
- Manages projects against scope, timelines and budgets
- Review project resourcing and makes recommendations to ensure project deliverables and milestones are met
- Complies with internal and external SOPs to ensure that best practice is always followed
- Contributes to the development of internal training presentations and external training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Working for a company filled with individuals who genuinely care about what they do and the impact they have on transforming the healthcare landscape to improve patients’ lives.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th December 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.