Do you have expert command of a range of data science methods? Do you have the passion and experience of working with tools to solve real-world problems? HEOR Ltd would love to hear from you!
Due to continued growth we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Principal Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. They will lead the design and implementation of projects with healthcare data using statistical modelling and machine learning methods. They will be a key part of a thriving and collaborative team undertaking innovative research using automation, optimisation and advanced data visualisation.
Main job responsibilities
- Lead development of proposals and pitches.
- Lead data elements of project conceptualisation and design.
- Lead data activities on projects.
- Technical lead for deliverables (e.g. reports, user and technical guides and slide decks).
- Manage cross-functional project teams.
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide consultancy and strategic planning to colleagues at HEOR Ltd and clients on technical areas of expertise.
- Develop and maintain client partnerships.
- Communicate complex analytical concepts and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, health economists, policy makers and patients.
- Undertake line management, coaching and mentoring of colleagues in the Data team.
- Represent the company at external meetings, and lead client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Maintains internal and external profiles as expert in data science.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, operational research, data science) or comparable combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive analytical experience in R and other programming and database languages (e.g. Python, SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Application, SAS).
- Expertise in designing, researching, and deploying data products (e.g. machine learning pipelines/APIs, dashboards, R Shiny apps).
- Experienced in manipulating, analysing and interpreting data from clinical trial datasets, electronic health records and/or biomedical datasets.
- Confident practitioner and advocate of robust quality standards and practices.
- Experienced in leading multi-functional teams on complex projects.
- Relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry, ideally 5+ years
- Experienced in generating heath economics and outcomes evidence as part of product lifecycles.
- Experienced in building end-to-end analytics solutions.
- External profile in data science.
- Competitive salary
- Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- In-house training and development programme
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.