HEOR continues to expand and we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Principal Health Economist to join our Health Economics Team. This person will take key a leadership role in the delivery and management of a diverse portfolio of technical projects, identifying challenges and crafting solutions in partnership with our clients. They will provide expert technical advice, lead a team of senior health economists, and support the mentorship and development of health economists, associates, and interns.
- Master’s in health economics or alternative quantitative subject (economics, statistics, mathematics, operational research).
- Demonstrated expertise in conceptualising, developing, and delivering a range of health economic models.
- Understanding of the HEOR / HTA and commercial landscape.
- Expertise in the provision of strategic advice and presenting recommendations on strategic project decisions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Excel and VBA skills.
- Experienced in leading multi-functional teams on complex projects.
- Relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry, ideally 5+ years
- PhD in health economics or alternative quantitative subject (economics, statistics, mathematics, operational research).
- Experience with statistical analysis and/or health economics models in R.
- Demonstrated expertise in guiding and advising on HTA projects for NICE, SMC, AWMSG or NCPE.
Main job responsibilities
- Lead development of proposals and pitches.
- Lead project conceptualisation and design.
- Technical/research lead for deliverables (e.g. reports, user guides, slide decks).
- Manage cross-functional project teams.
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide consultancy and strategic planning to colleagues at HEOR Ltd and clients on technical/research areas of expertise.
- Develop and maintain client partnerships.
- Communicate complex research concepts and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, health economists, policy makers and patients.
- Undertake line management, coaching and mentoring of colleagues in the Health Economics Team.
- Represent the company at external meetings, and lead client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Maintain internal and external profiles as expert in their field.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- In-house training and development programme
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th December 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.