The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise and leadership across a range of written deliverables including the provision of tactical and strategic guidance (e.g., HTA dossiers, market access materials value communications, publications etc), ensuring that these provide strategic value in alignment with client requirements. They will share HEOR’s core values of integrity, research and academic excellence, and high standards of client service based on a collaborative partnership approach.
- Experience of developing market access or value communication materials and compilation or critical analysis of HTA submissions.
- Ability to write informative and interesting scientific manuscripts of the quality required for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Life Sciences Degree (postgraduate qualification desirable).
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information in a range of formats, with a strong emphasis on written communication skills.
- Sound scientific understanding and analytical skills, with an exceptional eye for detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Experience of managing and leading people and teams, providing inspiration, support, and challenge to get the best from people.
- Ability to provide and respond to constructive feedback, as part of editing and quality control activities.
- Ability to use initiative, work flexibly and contribute to the work of others in the team.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, enabling you to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients, and physicians.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a healthcare consultancy or medical communications, or the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- PhD in relevant subject
Main Job Responsibilities
- To manage projects from proposal stage through development of project design and strategy to management of deliverables and client liaison.
- Oversee the work of junior colleagues, providing mentorship and training in the design, planning, and execution of their tasks.
- Communicate complex concepts and data to a wide and varied audience, including health economists, clinicians, decision makers and patients.
- Lead and substantially contribute to high-impact, high-quality research dissemination, including publications.
- Together with the Senior Manager, take responsibility for the overall quality and timeliness of output of the Medical Writing function and its reputation.
- Represent the company at client meetings (e.g. advisory boards, speaker-training meetings); lead client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of high standards of written communication across the other teams in the company.
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, flexible working environment providing strong and supportive management and ongoing professional development
- Opportunity to join Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus bank holidays
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.