- Masters in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, epidemiology) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced demonstrable experience in R and other programming languages (e.g. Python, SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Application, SAS).
- Expertise in use of statistical methods to investigate real-world problems (e.g. data modelling, predictive analytics and time to event analysis).
- Advanced experience in preparing, analysing and managing large healthcare datasets in interventional and/or non-interventional studies.
- Systematic approach to problem solving, including identification of root causes and solutions.
- Experienced in interpreting and presenting complex analyses and findings.
- Enjoys working independently, flexibly and as part of a the team on multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and external collaborators.
- PhD in a quantitative subject.
- Experienced in applying machine learning techniques.
- Experienced in developing best practice and standards for analysis, including quality assurance.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Main job responsibilities
- Contribute to drafting and reviewing of project proposals.
- Contribute to (and lead appropriate aspects of) project conceptualisation and design.
- Lead analysis of healthcare data, including clinical trial datasets and electronic health records, using established and novel statistical and analytical techniques.
- Contribute to drafting and review technical and study reports, user guides and slide decks.
- Contribute to drafting and review manuscripts for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, and abstracts and presentations for international conferences.
- Actively manage project activity and timelines.
- Provide internal consultancy to colleagues at HEOR Ltd on technical and research areas of experience and expertise.
- Undertake line management and mentoring of junior colleagues in the Data team, where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within the Data team and across HEOR Ltd, with clients and external collaborators.
- Communicate complex concepts and interpretation of analysis and findings to different audiences, including health economists, clinicians, policy makers and patients.
- Represent the company at external meetings, contribute to (and lead, where appropriate) client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Birmingham (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org