HEOR continues to expand and we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Senior Health Economist to join our Health Economics Team. This person will lead the design and implementation of a portfolio of projects, leading an agile team of junior health economists and associates delivering health economic modelling and analysis projects.
- Master’s in health economics or alternative quantitative subject (economics, statistics, mathematics, operational research).
- High level competency in Excel and VBA.
- Planning and implementation of statistical analysis to inform health economic models.
- Experienced in delivery of a range of health economic models.
- Enjoys working independently, flexibly and as part of a team on multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and external collaborators.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the delivery of health economics aspects of HTA submissions to NICE, SMC, AWMSG, or NCPE.
- Experience with statistical analysis and/or health economics models in R.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Main job responsibilities
- Contribute to drafting and reviewing of project proposals.
- Contribute to (and lead appropriate aspects of) project conceptualisation and design.
- Devise and develop high quality range of health economics models.
- Devise and implement statistical analyses.
- Contribute to drafting and review of technical and study reports, user guides and slide decks.
- Contribute to drafting and review of manuscripts for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, and abstracts and presentations for international conferences.
- Quality control team activities and deliverables.
- Actively manage project activity and timelines.
- Lead an agile team of 2-3 health economists, associates, and interns.
- Provide internal consultancy to colleagues at HEOR Ltd on technical and research areas of experience and expertise.
- Undertake line management and mentoring of junior colleagues in the Health Economics team, where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within the Health Economics team and across HEOR Ltd, with clients and external collaborators.
- Represent the company at external meetings, contribute to (and lead, where appropriate) client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- In-house training and development programme
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th December 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.