Can you communicate complex concepts and data to a wide and varied audience, including health economics, clinicians and patients? Do you have a natural writing flair to produce clear and compelling narrative based on scientific research?
HEOR Ltd are growing and seeking experienced Medical Writers to join their team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a company on a journey of growth! As a Senior Medical Writer you will lead on the development and delivery of quality documents, demonstrating strategic value in alignment with client requirements.
Main Job Responsibilities
- To manage projects including design of proposal; development of project tracker with particular reference to deliverables and resourcing; and final follow up with client.
- Communicate health economic methodology and results, and ensure compliance with relevant HTA guidelines.
- Provide background research of a disease or condition, detailing the epidemiology and clinical pathway of care.
- Identify relevant clinical trial data and provide a concise but complete report, highlighting key concepts.
- Oversee the work of junior colleagues, providing mentorship and training in the design, planning and execution of their tasks.
- Communicate complex concepts and data to a wide and varied audience, including health economists, clinicians, decision makers and patients.
- Assimilate and interpret sources of information with appropriate guidance/direction from research teams and authors.
- Ability to write informative and interesting scientific manuscripts of the quality required for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Work independently and as part of a team to research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest scientific and editorial standards across a wide range of materials including abstracts, posters, manuscripts and slide kits.
- Experience in compilation or critical analysis of HTA submissions.
- Experience of developing market access materials.
- Life Sciences Degree (providing a basic understanding of disease pathways and treatments).
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a range of formats, with a strong emphasis on written communication skills.
- Sound scientific understanding and analytical skills, with an exceptional eye for detail, accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work flexibly and contribute to the work of others in the team.
- A willingness to use initiative and develop your skills.
- Ability to provide and respond to constructive feedback, as part of editing and quality control activities.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, enabling you to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and physicians.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- PhD in relevant subject
- Competitive salary, in line with experience
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance scheme membership
- A strong focus on Learning and Development with internal coaching support
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.