HEOR are looking for a highly skilled, creative and inquisitive Software Developer to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. This person should have practical (front end or back end) experience of developing web applications in a production environment. They will be part of a thriving and collaborative team who undertake innovative research using automation, optimisation and advanced data visualisation.
- Experience as software developer/engineer, ideally 3+ years.
- Practical experience of full software development cycle, including prototyping and testing.
- Developer experience in UI and web applications.
- Experience of agile working.
- Experience of using Python, SQL, and/or advanced Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Application.
- Experience in RDBMS development and data curation.
Main job responsibilities
- Contribute to development of proposals and pitches.
- Create and maintain documentation on project and application definitions and design, user requirements and workflows.
- Create, modify and run tests for applications.
- Design, code, test and document applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and verify code.
- Deploy applications to development, testing, and production environments.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Provide end user support for applications.
- Create technical documentation for clients.
- Work within cross-functional project teams.
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide training, consultancy and strategic planning to colleagues at HEOR Ltd and clients on technical areas of expertise.
- Communicate complex concepts to colleagues, including cross-functional teams.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary, in line with experience
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance scheme membership
- A strong focus on Learning and Development with internal coaching support
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.