HEOR are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic and inquisitive Statistical Programmer/Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. This person will lead and perform analyses on multiple projects using clinical trial and real-world healthcare data for regulatory submissions, evidence generation, and other client needs. They will be part of a thriving and collaborative team who undertake innovative research using automation, optimisation and advanced data visualisation.
- Degree in a scientific subject with strong statistical content.
- Extensive experience in SAS programming using BASE/SAS, including PROC SQL and SAS MACROS.
- Experienced in using other programming and database languages (e.g. R, SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel using VBA).
- Working knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server) and EDC systems.
- Experienced in working within a secure data environment.
- Adopter of data management good practice.
- Relevant experience in a consultancy and/or healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Main job responsibilities
- Contribute to proposals and pitches.
- Lead data elements of project development, including specifications and documentation for data transfer, preparation, analysis, validation and management.
- Write, run and validate statistical programs to create analysis datasets, tables, listings and figures.
- Contribute to project deliverables (e.g. reports, user and technical guides and slide decks).
- Contribute to improvements in processes and policies for project data management.
- Work in cross-functional project teams.
- Deliver projects effectively and according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide consultancy and strategic planning to colleagues at HEOR Ltd and clients on technical areas of expertise.
- Communicate complex data and analysis concepts and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, health economists, policy makers and patients.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary, in line with experience
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance scheme membership
- A strong focus on Learning and Development with internal coaching support
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.