HEOR are looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Statistician to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. This person will contribute to study protocols and lead preparation of statistical analysis plans, programming specifications, data cleaning and analyses, and support production of study outputs. They will have access to varied clinical trial and real-world healthcare data and be expected to apply established and novel statistical techniques to answer research questions. The successful candidate will be motivated by technical excellence and opportunities for career progression. They will be part of a thriving and collaborative team who undertake innovative research using automation, optimisation and advanced data visualisation.
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or in a related subject.
- Practical experience in R, and other programming languages for data processing and analysis (e.g. SQL, Stata, SAS, WinBUGS).
- Experience in analysing small and large healthcare datasets, individual-level and aggregate data.
- Experience in applying statistical methods to investigate real-world problems (e.g. data modelling, predictive equations, time to event analysis, indirect and mixed treatment comparisons and meta-analyses).
- Enjoys working independently, flexibly and as part of the team on multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and external collaborators.
- Experience in designing prospective and retrospective studies using real-world healthcare data.
- Awareness of data standards for clinical research and statistical analysis (e.g. CDISC, SDTM, ADaM, ICH Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials).
- Relevant experience in a consultancy and/or healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Main job responsibilities
- Advise on selection of appropriate study design and statistical methods in projects.
- Undertake statistical power/sample size calculations.
- Use appropriate data exploration techniques.
- Apply appropriate statistical and analysis methods and techniques, in consultation with colleagues, client and external stakeholders where appropriate.
- Accurately interpret results in the context of research questions and client brief/objectives.
- Prepare protocols, statistical analysis plans, reports, publications and other project outputs.
- Document own research in transparent and consistent ways according to standards and processes, and provide peer review and guidance where appropriate.
- Effectively work in technical and matrix project teams.
- Deliver projects according to timelines, requirements and budget.
- Provide in-house consultancy on specific queries across functional teams.
- Communicate complex concepts, techniques and results to non-expert audiences.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary, in line with experience
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance scheme membership
- A strong focus on Learning and Development with internal coaching support
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Germany (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021. Please note we may close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.